I need support now

Paying for my food, energy and water

If you are a Warwickshire resident with no other access to funds to pay for food or energy bills, you may be eligible for support through the Local Welfare Scheme. 

For more information, visit the Local Welfare Scheme pages or call 0800 4081448 or 01926 359182.

Phone lines are open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm and Friday from 9am to 4.30pm.

Getting money advice 

If you have concerns about debt, managing your money, what benefits you are entitled to, housing or employment, the Citizens Advice website contains an array of advice, support and services to help. You can also reach out to your local Citizens Advice in Northern Warwickshire, Bedworth, Rugby and Nuneaton or South Warwickshire, depending on where you live.

You can call the county freephone advice line on 0808 250 5715 - Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.

On Mondays from 5pm to 7pm call 0800 995 6047 - Warwickshire out of hours service.

You can call Citizens Advice national adviceline on 0800 144 8848 - Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.

Any aspect of family life 

If you are struggling with supporting your family, including issues such as finance, housing and childcare, turn to your local Family Information Service. They provide information, advice and one-to-one support for families with children and young people aged 0-25. Visit the Children and Families website or call their helpline on 01926 742274 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). 

You may also be eligible for Free School Meals for your child.

Emergency food and food support

If you are in a situation where you need emergency access to food, you should access your nearest food bank. Many local food banks are listed on the Trussell Trust website, and you can also find more on the Warwickshire County Council food banks page.

More information about food support is available on the Warwickshire County Council food support pages.

Stress and my mental health 

The rise in the cost of living can lead to worry and stress which can impact your mental health. If you are in urgent need of mental health support, call the NHS Mental Health Access Hub freephone helpline on 08081 966798 (available 24/7). 

In a medical emergency, if someone is seriously ill or injured and there is a risk to life, call 999. 

There is also support available online or at face-to-face Access Hubs via Wellbeing for Warwickshire.

Looking after your pets

If you are struggling with the cost of food or healthcare for your pet more information is available on the RSPCA website