Housing and homelessness

If a housing issue arises, there is support available – whether you’re renting, struggling with mortgage payments or need somewhere to live. 

If you need urgent help with housing, visit “I need support now”.

National and countywide support and advice

Homelessness support

District and Borough homelessness support:

Help paying your rent and council tax

If you are unemployed, on a low income or claiming benefits, you may be eligible for benefits to help you pay your rent and/or council tax. Housing Benefit was replaced by Universal Credit in 2018, unless you are state pension age or living in supported, sheltered or temporary accommodation.

For Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit and Discretionary Housing Payments, you will need to contact your local council:

If struggling to pay your bills is affecting your mental health, then visit Wellbeing For Warwickshire for advice and support.