If a housing issue arises, there is support available – whether you’re renting, struggling with mortgage payments or need somewhere to live.
If you need urgent help with housing, visit “I need support now”.
National and countywide support and advice
- Warwickshire County Council housing support including housing advice services, homelessness, and other resources
- Housing info from Citizens Advice
- Advice and support from Shelter
- Information about Council Tax including bands, who has to pay and local council links
- Support and advice for those experiencing domestic abuse from Talk2Someone
- Homelessness advice from Shelter
- Homelessness support and places to stay in Warwickshire for over-25s from P3
- Helping Hands Community Project and Leamington Homeless Outreach
District and Borough homelessness support:
- North Warwickshire Borough Council - Homelessness advice
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council - Homelessness
- Rugby Borough Council - Homelessness
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council - Homelessness
- Warwick District Council - Homelessness
Help paying your rent and council tax
If you are unemployed, on a low income or claiming benefits, you may be eligible for benefits to help you pay your rent and/or council tax. Housing Benefit was replaced by Universal Credit in 2018, unless you are state pension age or living in supported, sheltered or temporary accommodation.
For Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit and Discretionary Housing Payments, you will need to contact your local council:
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
- Rugby Borough Council
- Stratford on Avon District Council
- Warwick District Council
If struggling to pay your bills is affecting your mental health, then visit Wellbeing For Warwickshire for advice and support.